Cancer Marker - CA 15-3 in Pune
Price, Symptoms, Normal Range
CA 15-3 is a blood test that helps monitor breast cancer and its response to treatment. It costs Rs.1200 .
Updated At : 2023-11-11T19:24:56.167+05:30
What is Cancer Marker - CA 15-3
CA 15-3 is a protein found in the blood that may be elevated in patients with breast cancer. The test is performed by drawing a blood sample from the patient and sending it to a laboratory for analysis. It is not used as a screening test for breast cancer, but rather as a tool to monitor the response to treatment and detect recurrence. It is important to note that elevated levels of CA 15-3 can also be caused by other conditions besides breast cancer.
Do I need this test?
Let's find out whether you need the Cancer Marker - CA 15-3 test. Answer the following 5 questions and get a free instant result!
Which symptoms are related to Cancer Marker - CA 15-3?
If you have Unexplained Weight Loss,Abdominal Pain,Unexplained Fever,Unexplained Fatigue,Unexplained Shortness Of Breath, you may need to get tested.
Here is the complete list of symptoms
Who should do this test?
Women diagnosed with breast cancer,Women at high risk of developing breast cancer,Monitoring metastatic breast cancer should do this test
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer: CA 15-3 is a tumor marker that is primarily used to monitor the treatment and recurrence of breast cancer. It is often done in women diagnosed with breast cancer to track the progression of the disease and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Women at high risk of developing breast cancer: Women with a family history of breast cancer or those who have previously had a benign breast disease are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer. CA 15-3 may be done in these women to detect any early signs of breast cancer and provide timely treatment.
- Monitoring metastatic breast cancer: CA 15-3 is also used to monitor metastatic breast cancer, which is cancer that has spread from the breast to other parts of the body. Regular CA 15-3 tests help to track the growth and spread of cancer and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.
What to do if the test is abnormal?
- It is important to understand that an abnormal result does not necessarily mean that a person has cancer. However, an abnormal result may indicate the presence of a tumor or cancerous growth in the breast tissue. Therefore, the first step is to consult with a medical professional, such as an oncologist or a breast specialist.
- The medical professional will likely recommend further testing, such as a mammogram or breast ultrasound, to determine if there is a cancerous growth present. They may also recommend a biopsy to confirm a diagnosis.
- Once a diagnosis is confirmed, the medical professional will work with the patient to develop a treatment plan, which may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a combination of these treatments. It is important to follow the treatment plan closely and to attend regular follow-up appointments to monitor progress and ensure that the cancer does not return.
In which diseases is Cancer Marker - CA 15-3 abnormal?
Normal Range - Cancer Marker - CA 15-3
Normal Ranges in Males
>= 0 years
Normal Ranges in Females
>= 0 years
|>= 0 years||*|
|>= 0 years||*|
Currently no interpretation details are avaialble for this report.
Currently no treatment options details are avaialble for this report,check back later or consult your doctor
|Sample Type Required||serum|
|Principle of Measurement||CMIA|
|Units of Measurement||-|