Magnesium Test in Pune
Price, Symptoms, Normal Range
The magnesium test is a blood test that measures the amount of magnesium in your body, which is important for many bodily functions. It costs Rs.470 . The normal range for adult males is 1.8-2.2,the normal range for adult females is 1.8-2.2
Updated At : 2023-11-11T19:24:56.169+05:30
What is Magnesium Test
The magnesium test is a simple blood test that measures the level of magnesium in the blood. Magnesium is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in many bodily functions, including maintaining nerve and muscle function, regulating heart rhythm, and supporting the immune system. The test is performed by taking a blood sample from a vein in the arm, and the results can help diagnose magnesium deficiency or excess. Abnormal magnesium levels can lead to various health problems, and treatment may include changes in diet or magnesium supplements.
Do I need this test?
Let's find out whether you need the Magnesium Test test. Answer the following 5 questions and get a free instant result!
Which symptoms are related to Magnesium Test?
If you have Fatigue,Muscle Weakness,Abnormal Heart Rhythms,Loss Of Appetite,Nausea, you may need to get tested.
Here is the complete list of symptoms
Who should do this test?
Individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD) or other kidney problems,People with gastrointestinal disorders,Individuals taking certain medications should do this test
- Individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD) or other kidney problems: People with kidney problems are at a higher risk of magnesium deficiency, as the kidneys are responsible for regulating magnesium levels in the body.
- People with gastrointestinal disorders: Chronic diarrhea, Crohns disease, and other gastrointestinal disorders can lead to magnesium deficiency by reducing the bodys ability to absorb magnesium from food.
- Individuals taking certain medications: Certain medications, such as diuretics, proton pump inhibitors, and antibiotics, can interfere with magnesium absorption or increase urinary excretion of magnesium, leading to a deficiency.
What to do if the test is abnormal?
- Consult with your healthcare provider: If the result of your Magnesium test is abnormal, the first step is to consult with your healthcare provider. They will evaluate your test results and determine the appropriate course of action based on your medical history and symptoms.
- Follow your healthcare providers recommendations: Depending on the severity of your results, your healthcare provider may recommend changes to your diet or supplements. They may also recommend further testing to determine the underlying cause of your abnormal results.
- Monitor your symptoms: If your healthcare provider prescribes any changes or medication, it is important to monitor your symptoms and report any changes or concerns to your provider. Regular follow-up appointments may be necessary to monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan as needed.
In which diseases is Magnesium Test abnormal?
What is the normal range of - Magnesium Test
The normal range for adult males is 1.8-2.2,the normal range for adult females is 1.8-2.2
Normal Ranges in Males
>= 0 years
Normal Ranges in Females
>= 0 years
|>= 0 years
|>= 0 years
Currently no interpretation details are avaialble for this report.
Currently no treatment options details are avaialble for this report,check back later or consult your doctor
|Principle of Measurement
|Units of Measurement