Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation in Pune
Price, Symptoms, Normal Range
Protein electrophoresis with immunofixation is a blood test that helps identify abnormal proteins in the body that may indicate certain medical conditions. It costs Rs.8500 .
Updated At : 2023-11-11T19:24:52.445+05:30
What is Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation
Protein electrophoresis with immunofixation is a laboratory test used to separate and identify proteins in a patients blood or urine. The test involves placing the sample on a gel and applying an electric current to move the proteins through the gel. Immunofixation is then used to identify specific proteins and their quantities. The results can aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of certain medical conditions, such as multiple myeloma.
Do I need this test?
Let's find out whether you need the Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation test. Answer the following 5 questions and get a free instant result!
Which symptoms are related to Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation?
If you have Unexplained Fever,Unexplained Weight Loss,Unexplained Fatigue,Swelling In The Abdomen,Enlarged Lymph Nodes, you may need to get tested.
Here is the complete list of symptoms
Who should do this test?
Patients suspected of having monoclonal gammopathy or multiple myeloma based on symptoms such as bone pain, fatigue, anemia, or renal failure.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with a monoclonal gammopathy or multiple myeloma and are being monitored for disease progression or response to treatment.
- Patients who have non-specific symptoms such as unexplained weight loss, swollen lymph nodes, or persistent fever, which may be a sign of an underlying condition that affects the immune system or the production of antibodies.
What to do if the test is abnormal?
- The first step is to consult with a healthcare provider who can interpret the results and recommend further testing or treatment.
- Depending on the specific abnormality found, additional tests such as bone marrow biopsy or imaging may be necessary to determine the cause of the abnormality.
- Treatment options will vary depending on the underlying condition but may include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or other medications. It is important to follow up with regular appointments and monitor the progress of treatment to ensure the best outcome.
In which diseases is Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation abnormal?
Normal Range - Protein Electrophoresis with Immunofixation
Normal Ranges in Males
>= 0 years
Normal Ranges in Females
>= 0 years
|>= 0 years
|>= 0 years
Currently no interpretation details are avaialble for this report.
Currently no treatment options details are avaialble for this report,check back later or consult your doctor
|Sample Type Required
|Principle of Measurement
|Refer individual test
|Units of Measurement