Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA in Pune
Price, Symptoms, Normal Range
CEA is a protein found in the blood that may indicate the presence of certain cancers, but it is not a definitive diagnostic tool. It costs Rs.850 .
Updated At : 2023-11-11T19:24:52.442+05:30
What is Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) is a protein that is produced by some cancerous tumors, including those in the colon, rectum, pancreas, and breast. CEA blood tests are performed to monitor cancer treatment and detect cancer recurrence. The test involves drawing a blood sample from a vein in the arm and measuring the levels of CEA in the blood. Elevated levels of CEA may indicate the presence of cancer, but it is not a definitive diagnostic test as other conditions may cause elevated levels.
Do I need this test?
Let's find out whether you need the Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA test. Answer the following 5 questions and get a free instant result!
Which symptoms are related to Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA?
If you have Possible Symptoms Include,Abdominal Pain,Unexplained Weight Loss,Fatigue,Unexplained Fever, you may need to get tested.
Here is the complete list of symptoms
Who should do this test?
Patients with a history of colorectal cancer,Smokers,Individuals with a family history of cancer should do this test
- Patients with a history of colorectal cancer: CEA testing is commonly used in monitoring patients with colorectal cancer as it helps in detecting the recurrence of the disease early on.
- Smokers: CEA testing is also recommended for smokers as smoking increases the risk of lung cancer, and CEA levels can help in detecting lung cancer in its early stages.
- Individuals with a family history of cancer: People with a family history of cancer are at a higher risk of developing cancer themselves, and CEA testing can help in detecting cancer early on in these individuals.
What to do if the test is abnormal?
- Consult with a physician: The first step a person should take if their CEA levels are abnormal is to consult with a physician. An experienced physician will be able to evaluate the results and interpret them in the context of the patients medical history and current symptoms. They will also be able to recommend additional tests or imaging studies if necessary.
- Follow up with recommended tests: Depending on the physicians evaluation of the CEA results, they may recommend additional tests or imaging studies to further evaluate the patients condition. It is important for the patient to follow up with these tests in a timely manner to ensure that any potential health issues are identified and treated promptly.
- Make lifestyle changes: In some cases, abnormal CEA levels may be the result of lifestyle factors such as smoking or poor diet. If this is the case, the patient should work with their physician to make appropriate lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, improving their diet, or increasing their physical activity levels. These changes can help to improve overall health and reduce the risk of developing serious health conditions in the future.
In which diseases is Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA abnormal?
Normal Range - Carcino Embryonic Antigen-CEA
Normal Ranges in Males
>= 0 years
Normal Ranges in Females
>= 0 years
|>= 0 years||*|
|>= 0 years||*|
Currently no interpretation details are avaialble for this report.
Currently no treatment options details are avaialble for this report,check back later or consult your doctor
|Sample Type Required||serum|
|Principle of Measurement||CMIA|
|Units of Measurement||-|